Kristen Bicknell is one of the best tournament players in the world, and her recent success has put her name on the map for every poker fan. With two World Series of Poker bracelets and four consecutive years of reaching Supernova Elite under her belt, there's a lot to uncover on this week's Heads Up with Remko podcast.
- 2:30 - Start of the interview, from Kristen's Toronto apartment, and talking about her recent move and the crazy rollercoaster the last two years have been for her.
- 6:30 - Going from grinding online poker, playing 24 tables, hitting Supernova Elite year after year, to transitioning to becoming a live tournament pro.
- 10:44 - Did online poker feel like a job versus the more free-flowing lifestyle of being a live tournament player, and getting into the nitty-gritty of Kristen's online grind, the numbers and stats.
- 16:25 - Looking back on what her life was like while being a full-time online pro, chasing Supernova Elite for almost four years, and educating her friends and family on her poker life.
- 20:44 - Discovering the game of poker, underground homegames in Ottawa at age 17, almost getting robbed while playing, and getting kicked out of a casino because of her fake ID.
- 27:20 - Transitioning to online poker after discovering the game, going to Turning Stone at age 18 and playing with Tony Gregg and Greg Merson.
- 33:30 - The Supernova Elite chase, becoming one of only two women to ever reach this epic status in online poker, and getting a lot more recognition for winning her WSOP bracelet as opposed to her Supernova Elite grind.
- 38:06 - Comparing the satisfaction of winning the WSOP bracelet versus becoming Supernova Elite.
- 43:55 - Winning her second World Series of Poker bracelet, capping off a tough time in her life with lots of challenges.
- 48:00 - Being viewed and treated differently after winning her second WSOP bracelet, and valuing the Ladies Event bracelet much differently than her other achievements in poker.
- 54:01 - Ladies Events: Yes? No? Kristen shares her thoughts.
- 59:55 - How should poker be marketed to pull more women into the game?
- 1:03:05 - Chasing Vanessa Selbst on the all-time money list, and moving up the ranks as a tournament player.
- 1:08:05 - Discussing her recent success in Macau, and being in contention for the 2018 Player of the Year honors.
- 1:11:05 - Kristen's partypoker ambassadorship, her role, goals and representing a big brand.
- 1:14:10 - The 2018 schedule for Kristen and when will this year be successful in her eyes?
Please rate, review and subscribe to the podcast, and if you're new to PokerGO and all it has to offer, please use the promo code REMKO to get $10 off the annual subscription and subscribe now.