Brent Hanks is a regular voice on the Poker Central Podcast, but he's never had a chance to tell the full story of his poker career! This week on Heads Up with Remko that changes for good, as Hanks dives deep into his World Series of Poker bracelet win, the effects that Black Friday had on his life and career, and how someone puts together a lineup for Poker After Dark.
- 1:45 - Brent tries to explain what his job at Poker Central actually is, and why he's always on his phone.
- 2:45 - The famous people in Brent's phone, and why their names are Dan, Michael and Phil.
- 4:20 - Putting the lineups together for Poker After Dark and what goes into it.
- 10:18 - Are the biggest stakes on PokerGO too big? How big should the stakes of the big games be, and what kind of appetite is there globally to play nosebleed games?
- 12:40 - Brent's own high stakes action, blowing through $80,000, what it would take to get Dan Bilzerian onto Poker After Dark, and how to fix a lineup when a player backs out?
- 17:10 - The 2018 Super High Roller Bowl, Brent's expectations and how he's going to be doing more PokerGO commentary in the months to come.
- 21:30 - Brent's poker career, being among the best online tournament players in the world, and a side backing deal with Jason Mercier.
- 27:55 - Shifting from being an online player to being forced to play live poker after Black Friday, and going through many big changes in life.
- 34:30 - Brent Hanks' WSOP bracelet win, going through ups and downs as a poker player, and the family life in Las Vegas.
- 42:40 - Being a part of PokerGO from Day 1, and what the expectations are for the summer, the WSOP, Super High Roller Bowl, Poker Masters and US Poker Open.
- 48:00 - The story behind Brent's Sunday Million win, some shenanigans, and why Brent has never left the North-American continent.
- 53:55 - Goals for 2018, as a player, father, broadcaster and player, and some juicy stories on who will potentially end up playing on Poker After Dark in 2018.
- 56:40 - Phil Ivey, Viktor Blom, Patrik Antonius, Ilari 'Ziigmund' Sahamies and Tom Dwan in the same Poker After Dark game, can Brent make it happen?
Don't miss any of the action on PokerGO, as we provide more than 100 days of live poker action every year. Poker After Dark returns next week with a $100/$200/$400 Pot Limit Omaha cash game headlined by Ben Lamb and Matt Kirk. Use the promo code REMKO for $10 off the annual PokerGO subscription.